Over the years, we have perfected our turkey preparation, and feel that brining is essential for bringing out the flavors and maximizing the tenderness and juiciness of a turkey. Of course, buying the freshest bird you can find is also important, but this recipe is a foolproof way for getting as much flavor as possible!
1 cup Salt
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 Tbs Celery Seed
1/8 Cup Whole Black Peppercorn
2 Tbs. Chili Flakes
3 Bay Leaves
4 Tbs Dried Basil
4 Tbs Dried Oregano
1/8 Cup Granulated Garlic
3 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
3 Tbs. Fresh Sage
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Box Apple Juice Concentrate
– Measure all ingredients into large container or cooler.
– Add 1 gallon of hot water and stir to dissolve.
– Once dissolved, add 8 cups of ice and stir to melt.
– Refrigerate to completely cool.
– Submerge turkey in brine for at least 12 hours (if turkey cannot fully submerge, turn halfway through brining process).
– For roasting instructions, click here.